You'll get a bound printed text.
A best-selling, comprehensive, easy-to-understand introduction to language development.
This best-selling introduction to language development text offers a cohesive, easy-to-understand overview of all aspects of the subject, from syntax, morphology, and semantics, to phonology and pragmatics. Each idea and concept is explained in a way that is clear to even beginning students and then reinforced with outstanding pedagogical aids such as discussion questions, chapter objectives, reflections, and main point boxed features. The book looks at how children learn to communicate in general and in English specifically, while emphasizing individual patterns of communication development.
Invigorate learning with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with the following multimedia features:
- Embedded video links (3 to 5 per chapter) illustrate key concepts and strategies.
Table of contents
1. The Territory
2. Describing Language
3. Neurological Bases of Speech and Language
4. Cognitive, Perceptual and Motor Bases of Early Language and Speech
5. The Social and Communicative Bases of Early Language and Speech
6. Language-Learning and Teaching Processes and Young Children
7. First Words and Word Combinations in Toddler Talk
8. Preschool Pragmatic and Semantic Development
9. Preschool Development of Language Form
10. Early School-Age Language Development
11. School-Age Literacy Development
12. Adolescent and Adult Language
Appendix A: American English Speech Sounds
Appendix B: Major Racial and Ethnic Dialects of American English
Appendix C: Development Summary
Appendix D: Computing MLU
Appendix E: Background Grammar
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material