You'll get a bound printed text.
MATH SKILLS FOR ALLIED HEALTH CAREERS provides students enrolled in two-year associate in arts health care programs with the solid foundation in math concepts needed for success in the field. This book is written in easy-to-understand mathematical language so that students with limited experience in mathematics will be able to comprehend the concepts. Clear understandable explanations are illustrated with numerous examples, and over two thousand practice and sample test problems provide students with a wealth of reinforcement opportunities.
Key Features Include:
- Dosage calculations presented using ratio and proportions, formulas, and dimensional analysis methods.
- Calculator lessons interspersed throughout the book
- Chapter summaries and a list of key terms and formulas at the end of each chapter
- Chapter reviews and practice tests with all answers provided at the back of the book
- Problem sets with odd-numbered answers at the back of the book
Table of contents
1. Basic Arithmetic Computations in Health Applications
2. A Review of Algebra
3. Systems of Measurement
4. Medication Labels, Prescriptions, and Syringe Calculations
5. Modeling Health Applications
6. Calculations for Basic IV Therapy
7. The Basics of Statistics
8. Logarithms, Ionic Solutions, and pH
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material