New Perspectives in Healthcare Ethics: An Interdisciplinary and Crosscultural Approach, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (February 21st 2006) - Copyright © 2007
You'll get a bound printed text.
Tong, a well-known biomedical ethicist, combines medical ethics, bioethics, and her own unique insights to provide a comprehensive survey of contemporary health care ethics issues. KEY TOPICS: Among the topics discussed in this book are complementary and alternative medicine; contraception and sterilization; infertility and assisted reproduction; and surrogate motherhood; genetic testing (screening and counseling); genetic therapy; biomedical and behavioral research; and euthanasia and assisted suicide. MARKET: A useful reference work for those in the health care industry.
Table of contents
Part One: A Conceptual Framework for Health Care Ethics
1. Chapter One: Introduction
2. Chapter Two: Ethical Theories and Principles in Health Care
3. Chapter Three: The Health Care Professional-Patient Relationship
Part Two: Health and Disease Issues
4. Chapter Four: Biological Givens or Social Constructions?
5. Chapter Five: Biomedical and Behavioral Research
Part Three: Beginning of Life Issues
6. Chapter Six: Abortion
7. Chapter Seven: Reproduction-Assisting Technologies: Donor Insemination, In-vitro Fertilization, and Beyond
8. Chapter Eight: Genetic Screening, Counseling, and Therapy
9. Chapter Nine: Therapeutic Cloning, Reproductive Cloning, and Ectogenesis
Part Four: End of Life Issues
10. Chapter Ten: The Aging Process and Long-Term Health Care
11. Chapter Eleven: Euthanasia, Assisted Suicide, and Palliative Care
Part Five: Micro- and Macro-Allocation Issues
12. Chapter Twelve: Organ Transplantation: Individual Allocation Decisions
13. Chapter Thirteen: Health Care Reform: Social Distribution Decisions
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material