Online Market Research: Cost Effective Searching of the Internet and Online Databases, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Market research provides business professionals with the knowledge needed tosell products and services effectively. One of the best and easiest means forobtaining timely information on the latest business and industry trends,competitors, demographics, and product information is through onlinesources.
Online Market Research provides you with a thorough grounding incontemporary market research and online searching. You'll learn what kind ofdata is available online; how to determine what your needs are, developresearch strategies, and formulate a market plan; and how to acquire andsharpen online searching skills.
Most importantly, you'll learn how to conduct efficient and economicalresearch about market information using the vast spectrum of online databasesand archives available today. What's the most cost-effective way to search themajor professional databases--such as DIALOG(tm), Dow Jones News/Retrieval®,and Lexis®-Nexis®. When is it best to use the less robust but lessexpensive databases available on CompuServe®, America Online®,Prodigy®, and Microsoft® Network? When can you use free resources on theInternet and what's the quickest way to search for them? These issues and manyothers are explored in full detail.
Using real-world techniques, Online Market Research will teachyou:
- where to find data you need online
- how to use search tools for accessing this data
- the fastest ways to find specific information
- the most cost-effective search methods
- the legal, ethical, and copyright issues involved
- how to assess data accuracy and compensate for poor quality
- a methodology for keeping up with the ever-changing online world.
Table of contents
Save Time and Money: Perform Secondary Market
Research Using Online Sources.
How to Use This Book.
1. Obtaining Marketing Data from Online Sources.
2. Secondary Marketing Research: What Information Do You Need?
3. Where Can You Get Secondary Marketing Research?
4. Online Sources for Secondary Marketing Research.
5. Search Skills.
6. The Professional Services--Characteristics.
7. The Professional Services--Descriptions.
8. Using the Professional Services for Secondary Marketing Research.
9. The Internet.
10. Internet Sites for Business Research.
11. Using the World Wide Web and the Internet for Secondary Marketing Research.
12. The Consumer Sources--Characteristics.
13. The Consumer Sources--Descriptions.
14. Examples from the Consumer Sources.
15. How to Keep Up.
16. Data Quality--The Researcher's Responsibilities.
17. Document Delivery: Now and the Future.
18. Legal, Ethical, and Intellectual Property.
19. Secondary Marketing Research Using Online Sources Will Only Get Better.
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (October 3rd 1995) - Copyright © 1995