Reviewers tell us that Case/Fair/Oster is one of the all-time bestselling principles of economics texts because they trust it to be clear, thorough, and complete. Readers of Principles of Macroeconomics, 13th Edition come away with a basic understanding of how market economies function, an appreciation for the things they do well, and a sense of things they do poorly. With the latest research and added exercises, students begin to learn the art and science of economic thinking and start to look at some policy, and even personal decisions in a different way.
Features and benefits
- The cheapest option for a physical textbook.: This option gives students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
- 21-day risk free returns: Dropping or switching classes? No worries! We've got you covered with 21-day hassle-free returns
- Smart: Highlight text, take notes, search for specific content. New features are added continually to help you study smarter.
- Sustainable: Go green, use online textbooks and reduce paper waste.
Table of contents
List of applications
List of figures and tables
1. Macroeconomics ¿ concepts, aims and policy
2. The measurement of economic activity
3. Modelling the economy ¿ the circular flow of income
4. The determination of economic activity
5. Aggregate demand and aggregate supply
6. Management of the economy ¿ an overview
7. Fiscal policy and government finances
8. Money, banking and interest rates
9. Monetary policy
10. Economic growth and supply-side economics
11. Inflation ¿ causes, consequences and policy implications
12. Employment and unemployment ¿ measurement and policy
13. International trade ¿ theory and policy
14. Balance of payments
15. Exchange rates
16. Institutions in the international economy
17. Understanding business cycles
18. Market forces and macroeconomic management
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson Canada (August 5th 2004) - Copyright © 2005