SAP Hardware Solutions: Servers, Storage, and Networks for mySAP.com, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
- Introduction to designing robust, rock-solid SAP hardware infrastructures!
- Maximize scalability, availability, and value
- Hardware sizing: review of techniques with examples
All you need to know for designing hardware solutions for mySAP.com: Maximizing performance, availability, and value!
This is the first SAP book to provide a comprehensive overview of the hardware solutions needed for your mySAP.com implementation! You'll find practical, business-oriented recommendations for maximizing performance, availability, and value, covering every relevant hardware component-servers, storage, front-ends, LAN and WAN infrastructure, backup solutions, even printers. Authored by two of HP's senior consultants specializing in enterprise SAP infrastructure design, SAP Hardware Solutions addresses all this, and more:
- Review of sizing techniques for servers, storage, LANs, and wide area bandwidth: practical examples and scenarios
- High availability: zero-down-time backup, remote database mirroring, clustering and other failover solutions, towards fault-tolerance, and more
- "Best practice" storage design techniques: optimizing database disk layouts, considering SANs, and a unique approach to disk system design for performance
- Translating business requirements into practical, cost-effective hardware solutions
- Leveraging the cost and management benefits of server consolidation
You'll even find never-before-published guidance on architecting networks for SAPcovering everything from IP address structures to high-availability cabling infrastructures.
With SAP Hardware Solutions, your most business-critical application can be designed to deliver every ounce of reliability and performance you've paid for. You can't afford anything less!
Table of contents
How This Book Is Organized.
About the Authors.
1.SAP System Architecture Overview: What Is mySAP.com?
2. Server Platforms for mySAP.com: Server, OS, and Database Platforms.
3. Sizing Systems for mySAP.com: The Science of Estimation.
4. Data Storage for SAP: A Strategic Resource.
5. High-Availability Solutions for mySAP.com: Backup, Recovery, and Failover.
6. PCs, NCs, and Printers: User Interfaces and Output Management.
7. Network Requirements for SAP: Building the Link Between Servers and Clients.
8. Logical Network Architectures: A Question of Protocol.
9. Cables and Cabinets: Passive But Essential for Reliability.
10. Local Network Solutions: SAP on the Internal Information Superhighway.
11. Wide Area Connectivity: SAP Services Beyond the Property Borders.
12, SAP Internet Integration: Secure SAP Services for E-Commerce.
Published by Pearson (November 20th 2000) - Copyright © 2001