Simply AIX 4.3, 2nd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
The authoritative AIX 4.3 resource for new and experienced users!
Simply AIX 4.3 is a friendly, authoritative jumpstart for new AIX users-and a dynamite resource for anyone who wants to supercharge their AIX skills! Completely updated to reflect AIX 4.3's hottest new features, it includes dozens of new productivity and troubleshooting tips, direct from IBM insiders. You'll find detailed coverage of key topics including:
- AIX 64-bit scalability and enterprise-class symmetric multiprocessing.
- Web-based management: manage AIX systems from anywhere, anytime.
- Maximizing availability with AIX and RS/6000 hardware.
- Installation, configuration, and peripherals support.
- Using SMIT to streamline AIX administration.
- AIX internationalization techniques for global environments.
From Java support to Internet bug fixes, Web-based System Management or InfoExplorer, Simply AIX 4.3 is your single source for all the hard-to-find AIX information you need. It's the one book that will make you more productive with AIX-whether you are a new user or a veteran.
Table of contents
1. Customizing Your Environment.
2. Using AIX.
3. I Know Windows/DOS, What's AIX?
5. installing AIX.
6. Setting up Peripherals.
7. Communicating with the World.
8. SMIT Happens! Administering AIX.
9. AIX Speaks Your Language: Internationalization.
10. All the Help You Need.
11. Gathering up the Pieces.
12. IBM Developer Connection for AIX CD-ROM.
13. Kick StartYour Enterprise: The RS/6000 System Family.
Appendixes. AIX Man Pages.
Appendix A. Directory Commands.
Appendix B. File Manipulation Commands.
Appendix C. Backup Commands.
Appendix D. Miscellaneous Commands.
Appendix E. Connectivity Commands.
Published by Pearson (February 17th 1999) - Copyright © 1999