Appropriate for first year university students in all disciplines.
Using an integrated self-development focus, research-based skills and practical exercises, Success Secrets of University Students provides the tools necessary for students to achieve success in university. Seven core themes are presented: searching for connection, uncovering self-mastery strategies, communicating effectively, creating community, evaluating learning strategies, solving problems and seeking personal and professional success.
Table of contents
1. Understanding Success through Self-Theory.
2. How Prepared Are You?
3. Connecting to the University Environment.
4. Developing Success-focused Learning Strategies.
5. Goals and Academic Success.
6. Managing Time and Life in Terms of Academic Success.
7. Developing Effective Learning Strategies.
8. The Writing Process.
9. Talking with Others.
10. Dealing with Diversities in Life Successfully.
11. Evaluating Learning Styles.
12. Thinking Critically and Solving Problems Creatively.
13. Designing your Future.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material