The Science of Nutrition, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory Nutrition courses for Majors.
This package includes Mastering Nutrition.
Move students beyond memorization with a functional approach to nutrition
The Science of Nutrition helps students master tough nutrition concepts while providing rich support to save instructors time. This best-selling, thoroughly current, research-based nutrition text is uniquely organized around the highly regarded functional approach, which organizes vitamins and minerals based on their functions within the body and is easily seen in the organization of the micronutrient (vitamin and mineral) chapters.
The 5th Edition includes the most up-to-date scientific research in the field of nutrition, an increased emphasis on nutrition and disease content, and new icons in the margins directing students to Oregon State University’s FoodHero.org. The text covers key concepts in nutrition with new and updated Focus Figures; updated Nutri-Case case studies; and Nutrition Concept Videos, which feature author Janice Thompson explaining difficult course concepts. Additionally, instructors can assign updated NutriTool activities and autogradable MyDietAnalysis Personalized Dietary Analysis activities in Mastering Nutrition
Personalize learning with Mastering Nutrition
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.Mastering Nutrition includes single-sign-on access to MyDietAnalysis software to give students the tools to track their diet and activity and run reports on various macro- and micro-nutrients consumption.
0135183855 / 9780135183854 The Science of Nutrition Plus Mastering Nutrition with MyDietAnalysis and Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134898672 / 9780134898674 The Science of Nutrition
- 0135180880 / 9780135180884 Mastering Nutrition with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for The Science of Nutrition
Table of contents
1. The Science of Nutrition: Linking Food, Function, and Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
4. Carbohydrates: Plant-Derived Energy Nutrients
4.5. In Depth: Alcohol
5. Lipids: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of All Body Tissues
7. Metabolism: From Food to Life
7.5. In Depth: Vitamins and Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
8. Nutrients Involved in Energy Metabolism
9. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
10. Nutrients Involved in Antioxidant Function and Vision
10.5 In Depth: The Safety and Effectiveness of Dietary Supplements
11. Nutrients Involved in Bone Health
12. Nutrients Involved in Blood Health and Immunity
13. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
14. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
14.5 In Depth: Disorders Related to Body Image, Eating, and Exercise
15. Food Safety and Technology: Protecting Our Food
16. Food Equity, Sustainability, and Quality: The Challenge of “Good” Food
17. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregnancy and the First Year of Life
18. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood and Adolescence
19. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: The Later Years
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020