Mastering A&P with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Visual Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual
- Instant Access
This product is not available in your country
A digital platform that replicates the office-hour experience with targeted feedback, study resources, and practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor, or visit your learning management system.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
This features all of the resources of Mastering A&P in addition to Pearson eText 2.0 content.
- NEW! Pre-Lab Exercises appear on the first page of each exercise and are assignable in Mastering A&P. These short, easily gradable quizzes help ensure that students read the prep material before coming to lab so they can focus on the activity during lab time.
- Post-Lab Questions add to the large bank of assessment questions for every lab exercise, and include wrong-answer feedback. (10 Pre-lab Questions and 10 Post-lab Questions per lab exercise
- IMPROVED! Dynamic Study Modules help students study effectively on their own by continuously assessing their activity and performance in real time. Students complete a set of questions with a unique answer format that repeats until the student can answer them all correctly and confidently. Once completed, Dynamic Study Modules explain the concept using materials from the text. These are available as graded assignments prior to class and are accessible on smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- NEW! Instructors can now select which questions to assign to students.
- Assignable Review Sheet Activities,based on the Review Sheets that appear at the end of each lab exercise, are available in a gradable format in Mastering A&P so that instructors can easily assign them for homework.
- NEW! 10 Cat Dissection Videos are targeted tolabs with limited lab time that rely on cats. The videos are assignable for pre or post-lab work in Mastering A&P and include hints and wrong-answer feedback. The videos without questions are also available in the Study Area of Mastering A&P. Video topics cover:
- Superficial muscles of the trunk, dorsal view
- Deep muscles of the trunk, dorsal view
- Posterior muscles of the hip and thigh
- Brachial plexus
- Digestive structures of the head, muscles and salivary glands
- Peritoneum and mesenteries of the abdomen
- Vessels of the thorax, arteries, and veins
- Male urogenital anatomy
- Female urogenital anatomy
- NEW! Assignments from this lab manual are now integrated into the Item Library for Visual Anatomy & Physiology 3e. Instructors access these by selecting the Lab Manual from the book/source drop-down menu in the Visual A&P, 3e Item Library, making it easy to access lab and lecture assignments within the same course — all with only one Mastering A&P code.
- A&P Flix™ Coaching Activities offer stunning 3D visuals of core concepts and tough physiological concepts with in-depth assessments to test student understanding.
- Bone and Dissection Video Coaching Activities help students identify bones and learn how to do organ dissections.
- Art-labeling Activities let instructors assign and assess students’ understanding of key figures from the lab manual.
- Practice Anatomy Lab™ (PAL™ 3.0) is a virtual anatomy study and practice tool that gives students 24/7 access to the most widely used lab specimens, including the human cadaver, anatomical models, histology, cat, and fetal pig. PAL 3.0 is easy to use and includes built-in audio pronunciations, rotatable bones, and simulated fill-in-the-blank lab practical exams.
- PhysioEx™ 9.1 is an easy-to-use lab simulation program that allows students to conduct experiments that are difficult in a wet lab environment because of time, cost, or safety concerns. Students are able to repeat labs as often as they like, perform experiments without animals, and are asked to frequently stop and predict within the labs.
- Get Ready for A&P, 3rd Edition quickly gets students up to speed with helpful study skills, math skills, anatomical terminology, basic chemistry, cell biology, and other basics of the human body. Each chapter of this hands-on workbook includes a pre-test, guided explanation, interactive quizzes and exercises, and end-of-chapter cumulative tests. The Third Edition includes enhanced study tools and assessments in Mastering A&P™ and 10 Video Tutors that feature author Lori Garrett walking students through key concepts in chemistry and cell biology.
- IMPROVED! The Mastering A&P Study Area features new, mobile-friendly navigation and offers students additional pre- and post-lab quizzes, anatomy animations, bone & dissection videos, and more virtual lab study tools.
- NEW! eText 2.0 now optimized for mobile
- eText 2.0 mobile app offers offline access and can be downloaded for most iOS and Android phones/tablets from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media
- Accessible (screen-reader ready)
- Configurable reading settings, including resizable type and night reading mode
- Instructor and student note-taking, highlighting, bookmarking, and search
- Learning Catalytics™ helps instructors generate class discussion, adapt lessons to students’ needs, and promote peer-to-peer learning using real-time analytics. As a student response tool, Learning Catalytics uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more interactive tasks and to practice critical thinking skills. Real-time data allows instructors to immediately respond when learners are struggling and to quickly assign students into groups for optimal class discussion, teamwork, and peer-to-peer learning.
- NEW! Instructors can upload a full PowerPoint® deck for easy creation of slide questions.
- NEW! Team names are no longer case sensitive.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2017) - Copyright © 2018