This new edition of The Ethical Process serves as an excellent supplement for courses in applied ethics and controversial issues. Employing a "workbook" presentation, the text provides students with a method of understanding the ethical dimension of issues and for making ethical decisions. The text's method helps students identify and sort out competing values and assumptions and critically examine their normative significance.New to the Third Edition
- New material on the 'ethic of care'
- Additional material on interpretation
- New material on the nature of disagreement
- Enhanced use of the dialogical approach in previous editions
Table of contents
1. Introduction to the Ethical Process.
2. The Resources for the Ethical Process.
3. Understanding Alternative Points of View.
4. Evaluating Arguments from Different Ethical Approaches.
5. The Ethical Process as an Argumentative Dialogue.
Appendix 1: How to Use the Syllogism to Uncover Implicit Value Judgments.
Appendix 2: Argumentative Dialogue on Drug Testing.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material