The series has been completely reworked for implementation of the new K–2 NSW Syllabus in 2023, with reworked titles for years 3–6 to be released for 2024 implementation.
Year Levels F–6
Resource Formats Print, Digital
Last Updated Dec 2022
What it is
Signpost Maths introduces maths to New South Wales students in Kindergarten to Year 6 with an emphasis on spiralled learning and spaced practice.
Now completely re-worked for the new K–2 NSW Syllabus by Alan McSeveny and his experienced author team, this series provides a year's work in mathematics and engages students with colourful, illustrated pages. It retains the popular printed student components with an innovative digital teacher resource. It includes:
- student books
- mentals books
- digital teacher resources.
What it includes
Discover how Australian Signpost Maths NSW improves teaching outcomes.
Australian Signpost Maths NSW is designed to educate Kindergarten to Year 6 students according to the latest NSW syllabus requirements. This series also includes:
- a complete yearly teaching programme for K–2
- a week-by-week program comprehensively covering the Year 3 to 6 mathematics syllabus
- syllabus notes for each lesson
- regular progress test and remediation ideas
- a new downloadable and printable student consolidation resource.
The Signpost Maths series enables student learning in a variety of ways. This includes:
- a dictionary to help students learn the language of mathematics
- clearly highlighting important rules and concepts
- worked examples and explanations to support new ideas
- using colour to emphasise and motivate
- using cartoons to give instruction and friendly advice
- interactive activities for whole-class, small-group, and individual learning
- ID Cards that reinforce knowledge by asking students to identify common terms, shapes, and symbols.
Australian Signpost Maths NSW Mentals consolidate learning through:
- spaced practice
- differentiated mixed-topic questions
- explanations of essential skills
- incorporation of real-life situations
- ID Cards to review the language of mathematics
- quirky, engaging cartoons and illustrations to motivate students.
The new 4th Edition of Australian Signpost Maths NSW K–2 provides educators with easy online access to:
- the student eBook
- comprehensive teaching and syllabus notes for each lesson
- blackline resources
- progress tests and retests
- a varied choice of digital maths tools and game options to enhance the classroom experience
- a new downloadable and printable student Consolidation Resource.
The reworked Teacher Resource for years 3–6 will be released for 2024 implementation.
Samples & downloads
- Australian Signpost Maths 2 — NSW Stage 1 — Fourth Edition — Sample Pages
- Australian Signpost Maths 3 — NSW Stage 2 — Fourth Edition — Sample Pages
- Australian Signpost Maths 4 — NSW Stage 2 — Fourth Edition — Sample Pages
- Australian Signpost Maths 5 — NSW Stage 3 — Fourth Edition — Sample Pages