Spread Awareness About Mental Health
Life is filled with ups and down, and as humans we might have up and down days. We need to take care of ourselves and not let the stressful moments make us angry, sad, or unable to focus. It is okay to have off days and bad days. It is okay to wake up sad, happy, or anxious.
Process all the feelings you have as they come up and remember to breathe through them all and let them go. Some days are just harder than others.
Here are some actions you can take when you are having a hard time:
- Doing exercises such as yoga or running
- Taking a bath
- Reading a book
- Practicing controlled breathing
- Meditating in the morning or before you sleep
- Talking to someone you trust and sharing your feelings
- Being out in nature
- Changing your frame of mind - focus on the positive
- Avoiding negative people
- Doing a smiling exercise
- Listening to music
- Eating food that you like
- Cleaning or organizing your space
- Acknowledging your achievements and being grateful for what you have
Your mental health is as important as your physical health, and not something to feel embarrassed about making a priority. Talking about feelings, emotions, and the patterns our brains work in is an incredibly freeing thing to allow ourselves to do. It is okay to ask for help when you need it.
Do you have a compelling story or student success tips you’d like to see published on the Pearson Students blog? If you are a college student and interested in writing for us – click here to pitch your idea and get started!