12-Lead ECG for Acute and Critical Care Providers, 1st edition
12-Lead ECG for Acute and Critical Care Providers (Subscription)
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.Written by a paramedic with experience teaching at all levels (EMT-P, nurses, etc.)–this user-friendly text presents a practical, easy-to-understand system for 12-Lead ECG interpretation and assessment. Based on the nationally reknown 12-lead ECG workshop, "Multi-Lead Medics." A focus on the “need to know” information and a large number of practice cases–with over 400 actual 12-leads–provides students with the solid background and extensive hands-on practice that will help them gain confidence and build competence quickly.
Table of contents
1. Lead Placement and Acquisition of the 12-Lead Electrocardiogram.
2. Understanding the 12-Lead ECG Printout.
3. Determining Axis and Hemiblock.
4. Understanding Bundle Branch Blocks.
5. Determining Patient Risk for Complete Heart Block.
6. Wide Complex Tachycardia.
7. Acute Myocardial Infarction Pathophysiology.
8. ECG Patterns of Infarction.
9. Locating the AMI: The Secondary Survey.
10. The 15-Lead ECG.
11. Left Bundle Branch Block and Acute MI.
12. Chamber Enlargement.
13. Electrolyte, Drug, and Other ECG Changes.
14. Putting It All Together.
Published by Pearson (January 26th 2005) - Copyright © 2005