Academic Vocabulary: Academic Words Plus MyLab Reading -- Access Card Package, 6th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Academic Vocabulary.
This package includes MyReadingLab™.
Helps students build and use strong vocabularies
Academic Vocabulary makes the study of vocabulary enjoyable. Through thematic readings, self-tests, and interactive exercises, students can apply their skills to writing, personal experience, art, and many other formats that generate excitement about improving their vocabularies. Each activity plays on individual learning styles to help students learn new words in a large number of contexts.
The Sixth Edition retains the book’s strong visual appeal, as well as its philosophy that an essential part of learning vocabulary is repeated exposure to a word. As a result, it provides eight to ten exposures to each vocabulary word throughout the text, plus additional instances in the review section and flash and word map activities throughout the book. With new readings and words, this edition of Academic Vocabulary offers greater exposure to a more diverse wordbase than ever before.
Personalize learning with MyReadingLabMyReadingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them develop their reading skills and promotes transference of those skills to college-level work. Full-length readings and assignments from the text are available in the eText version of MyReadingLab, strengthening the connection between the classroom and work done outside of class.
0134445686 / 9780134445687 Academic Vocabulary: Academic Words Plus MyReadingLab - Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133995011 / 9780133995015 MyReadingLab with Pearson eText - Standalone Access Card
- 0134119703 / 9780134119700 Academic Vocabulary: Academic Words
Table of contents
1. Composition: The Midterm
2. Mathematics: Work It Out
3. Biology: The Natural World
4. Word Parts I
5. Review: Focus on Chapters 1—4
6. Sociology: The Importance of Hello
7. Speech: Tips for Any Occasion
8. Foreign Languages: Welcome Additions
9. Geography: The Frozen Continent
10. Word Parts II
11. Review: Focus on Chapters 6—10
12. History: Mongolia Explored
13. Art: Two Views
14. Anthropology: Societies and Customs
15. Word Parts III
16. Review: Focus on Chapters 12—15
17. Political Science: Searching for the Ideal
18. Literature: Look Deeply
19. Computer Science: Concerns to Consider
20. Geology: Above and Below
21. Review: Focus on Chapters 17—20
22. Education: What’s Your Personality?
23. Film: On Location
24. Business: Shopping Made Easier
25. Chemistry: From Ancient to Modern Times
26. Review: Focus on Chapters 22—25
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 26th 2016) - Copyright © 2017