Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This is a first-rate introductory book that takes a practical approach to solving problems using C++. It covers a much wider scope of C++ programming than other introductory books I've seen, and in a surprisingly compact format.--Dag Brück, founding member of the ANSI/ISO C++ committee
The authors present a clear, cogent introduction to C++ programming in a way that gets the student writing nontrivial programs immediately.--Stephen Clamage, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and chair of the ANSI C++ committee
Anyone reading just this one book and working through the examples and exercises will have the same skills as many professional programmers.--Jeffrey D. Oldham, Stanford University
Why is Accelerated C++ so effective? Because it
- Starts with the most useful concepts rather than the most primitive ones: You can begin writing programs immediately.
- Describes real problems and solutions, not just language features: You see not only what each feature is, but also how to use it.
- Covers the language and standard library together: You can use the library right from the start.
Whether you are eager to get started writing your first C++ programs, or you are already using C++ and seeking deeper understanding, the authors' unique approach and expertise make Accelerated C++ an indispensable addition to your library.
Table of contents
0. Getting Started.
1. Working with Strings.
2. Looping and Counting.
3. Working with Batches of Data.
4.Organizing Programs and Data.
5. Using Sequential Containers and Analyzing Strings.
6. Using Library Algorithms.
7. Using Associative Containers.
8. Writing Generic Functions.
9. Defining New Types.
10. Managing Memory and Low-Level Data Structures.
11. Defining Abstract Data Types.
12. Making Class Objects Act Like Values.
13. Using Inheritance and Dynamic Binding.
14. Managing Memory (Almost) Automatically.
15. Revisiting Character Pictures.
16. Where Do We Go From Here?
Appendix A. Language Details.
Appendix B. Library Summary.
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (August 14th 2000) - Copyright © 2001