NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in personal health.
This package includes Mastering Health.
Motivate students to become actively engaged in their own health
Access to Health combines scientifically valid research and the most current information to encourage healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, author Rebecca J. Donatelle uses her friendly writing style to address students’ concerns and motivate them to be savvy, critical consumers of health information. The 16th Edition integrates mindfulness research, tools, and practices throughout, enabling students to incorporate mindfulness practices to help cut through the static of everyday life, to be more focused and present, and to improve academic performance. The new edition also presents a new chapter on difference, disparity, and health equity.
Access to Health now provides access to MyDietAnalysis—a diet and activity tracking tools that gives students an easy way to analyze their daily nutrient intake and physical activity. MyDietAnalysis is powered by ESHA Research, accessible on all devices, and included at no extra charge with Mastering Health. Mastering Health also provides students with videos, self-assessments, study plans, online interactive activities, and reading quizzes that address their diverse needs and learning styles while engaging them in the material.
Personalize learning with Mastering Health
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.With a variety of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult personal health concepts.
0135204518 / 9780135204511 Access to Health Plus Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135173795 / 9780135173794 Access to Health
- 0135175925 / 9780135175927 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Access to Health
Table of contents
Part 1: Finding the Right Balance
1. Accessing Your Health
FOCUS ON Difference, Disparity, and Health: Achieving Health Equity
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
FOCUS ON Mindfulness, Spiritual Health, and Spiritual Intelligence
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
4. Improving Your Sleep
Part 2: Building Healthy Lifestyles
5. Nutrition: Eating for a Healthier You
6. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
FOCUS ON Enhancing Your Body Image
7. Improving Your Personal Fitness
Part 3: Creating Healthy and Caring Relationships
8. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
9. Understanding Your Sexuality
10. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
FOCUS ON Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
Part 4: Avoiding Risks from Harmful Habits
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
Part 5: Preventing and Fighting Disease
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases
15. Protecting against Sexually Transmitted Infections
16. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
FOCUS ON Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
17. Reducing Your Cancer Risk
18. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
Part 6: Facing Life’s Challenges
19. Making Smart Health Care Choices
20. Preventing Violence and Abuse
FOCUS ON Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
21. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
22. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material