Accounting Information Systems, 14th edition
Published by Pearson (January 4th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Accounting Information Systems (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134475639Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Accounting Information Systems -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Accounting Information Systems
ISBN-13: 9780134474021Includes: Hardcover
You'll get a bound printed text.
Accounting Information Systems, 14th Edition covers all of the most recent updates in AIS, including how developments in IT affect business processes and controls, the effect of recent regulatory developments on the design and operation of accounting systems, and how accountants can use AIS to add value to an organization. Not only will readers see how AIS has changed the role of an accountant, but they’ll also be prepared for a successful accounting career in public practice, industry, or government.
Features and benefits
Revel is designed for you and the way you learn.
- Interactive animations and videos: Illustrate what you're reading about, helping you learn without getting sidetracked.
- The assignment calendar: Shows exactly when every reading is due, helping you stay on track throughout the course.
- The Revel mobile app: Lets you read, practice, and study — anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Table of contents
Part I: Conceptual Foundations of Accounting Information Systems
1. Accounting Information Systems: An Overview
2. Overview of Transaction Processing and Enterprise ͒esource Planning Systems
3. Systems Documentation Techniques
4. Relational Databases
Part II: Control and Audit of Accounting Information Systems
6. Computer Fraud and Abuse Techniques
7. Control and Accounting Information Systems
8. Controls for Information Security
9. Confidentiality and Privacy Controls
10. Processing Integrity and Availability Controls
11. Auditing Computer-Based Information Systems
Part III: Accounting Information Systems Applications
12. The Revenue Cycle: Sales to Cash Collections
13. The Expenditure Cycle: Purchasing to Cash Disbursements
14. The Production Cycle
15. The Human Resources Management and Payroll Cycle
16. General Ledger and Reporting System
Part IV: The REA Data Model
17. Database Design Using the REA Data Model
18. Implementing an REA Model in a Relational Database
19. Special Topics in REA Modeling
Part V: The Systems Development Process
20. Introduction to Systems Development and Systems Analysis
21. AIS Development Strategies
22. Systems Design, Implementation, and Operation
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material