Accounting Information Systems, 15th edition
Published by Pearson (May 9th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Accounting Information Systems (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135573006Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Accounting Information Systems -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Accounting Information Systems [RENTAL EDITION]
A bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
For one-semester undergraduate or graduate courses in accounting information systems.
A market-leading text with the most comprehensive, flexible coverage of AIS available
Revel™ Accounting Information Systems delivers the most unprecedented coverage of each major approach to teaching AIS, giving instructors the opportunity to reorder chapters and focus the material to suit their individual course needs. The 15th Edition covers all of the most recent updates in AIS, including how developments in IT affect business processes and controls, the effect of recent regulatory developments on the design and operation of accounting systems, and how accountants can use AIS to add value to an organization. Not only will students see how AIS has changed the role of an accountant, but they’ll also be prepared for a successful accounting career in public practice, industry, or government.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience -- for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
PART I: CONCEPTUAL FOUNDATIONS OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
1. Accounting Information Systems: An Overview
2. Overview of Transaction Processing and Enterprise ͒esource Planning Systems
3. Systems Documentation Techniques
PART II: DATA ANALYTICS
4. Relational Databases
5. Introduction to Data Analytics in Accounting
6. Transforming Data
7. Data Analysis and Presentation
PART III: CONTROL OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
8. Fraud and Errors
9. Computer Fraud and Abuse Techniques
10. Control and Accounting Information Systems
11. Controls for Information Security
12. Confidentiality and Privacy Controls
13. Processing Integrity and Availability Controls
PART IV: ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS
14. The Revenue Cycle: Sales to Cash Collections
15. The Expenditure Cycle: Purchasing to Cash Disbursements
16. The Production Cycle
17. The Human Resources Management and Payroll Cycle
18. General Ledger and Reporting System
PART V: THE REA DATA MODEL
19. Database Design Using the REA Data Model
20. Implementing an REA Model in a Relational Database
21. Special Topics in REA Modeling
PART VI: THE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
22. Introduction to Systems Development and Systems Analysis
23. AIS Development Strategies
24. Systems Design, Implementation, and Operation
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material