Active Vocabulary, 6th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Vocabulary Development.
This package includes MyReadingLab™.
Helps students build and use strong vocabularies
Active Vocabulary makes the study of vocabulary enjoyable. Through thematic readings, self-tests, and interactive exercises, students can apply their skills to writing, personal experience, art, and many other formats that generate excitement about improving their vocabularies. Each activity plays on individual learning styles to help students learn new words in a large number of contexts.
The Sixth Edition retains the book’s strong visual appeal, as well as its philosophy that an essential part of learning vocabulary is repeated exposure to a word. As a result, it provides eight to ten exposures to each vocabulary word throughout the text, plus additional instances in the review section and flash and word map activities throughout the book. With new readings and words, this edition of Active Vocabulary offers greater exposure to a more diverse wordbase than ever before.
Personalize learning with MyReadingLab
MyReadingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them develop their reading skills and promotes transference of those skills to college-level work. Full-length readings and assignments from the text are available in the eText version of MyReadingLab, strengthening the connection between the classroom and work done outside of class.
0134445678 / 9780134445670 Active Vocabulary Plus MyReadingLab - Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133995011 / 9780133995015 MyReadingLab with Pearson eText - Standalone Access Card
- 013411969X / 9780134119694 Active Vocabulary
Table of contents
To the Student
Parts of Speech
Using the Dictionary
Benefits of Flash Cards and Word Maps
Word Wise Features
PART I: GENERAL WORDS
SECTION I: Student Life
1. On Campus: Study Skills
2. Relationships: Solving Conflicts
3. Entertainment: Enjoying a Night Out
4. Word Parts I
5. Review: Focus on Chapters 1—4
SECTION II: Reading for Pleasure
6. Science Fiction: The Silent Stars
7. Romance: A Knock on the Door
8. Mystery: Missing from the Mound
9. Word Parts II
10. Review: Focus on Chapters 6—9
PART II: ACADEMIC WORDS
11. Education: Creating Readers
12. Environmental Science: Endangered Animals
13. Computer Science: Internet Scams
14. Word Parts III
15. Review: Focus on Chapters 11—14
16. English: Writing Tips
17. Political Science: Local Politics
18. Sports Medicine: Avoiding Injuries
19. Review: Focus on Chapters 16—18
20. Nutrition: Healthy Eating
21. City Planning: Public Input
22. Psychology: FAQs on Growing Up
23. Career Development: Resume Building
24. Review: Focus on Chapters 20—23
Create Your Own Flash Cards
Make Your Own Word Maps
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (November 21st 2019) - Copyright © 2017