Advanced Engine Performance Diagnosis, 7th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For courses in engine performance and drivability, fuel emissions systems, and automotive principles.
This text is part of the Pearson Automotive Series.
Preparing today’s automotive students for career success!
Market-leading Advanced Engine Performance Diagnosis has been fully updated and expanded to address the latest technology and automotive systems. Written to meet the needs of a second semester Engine Performance (A8) course, it covers many tasks of the ASE A8 content area as well as topics to prepare students for the ASE Advanced Level Engine Performance (L1) certification test. Each chapter includes practical examples and step-by-step photo sequences covering terminology, best practices, and on-the-job procedures. The 7th edition has enhanced chapters on oscilloscopes and DSOs, plus over 75 new full color photos and line drawings. New content includes many case studies that include the “Three Cs” (Complaint, Cause and Correction), plus new content on immobilizer systems, and module programming.
Table of contents
1. The Diagnostic Process
2. Gasoline, Alternative Fuels, and Diesel Fuels
3. Circuit Testers and Digital Meters
4. Oscilloscopes and DSOs
5. Gasoline Engine Systems
6. In-Vehicle Engine Service
7. Valve Train and Variable Valve Timing Systems
8. Engine and Misfire Diagnosis
9. CAN and Network Communications
10. On-Board Diagnosis and Monitors
11. Global OBD II and Mode $06
12. Immobilizer System
13. Starting and Charging Systems Diagnosis
14. Ignition System Operation and Service
15. Temperature Sensors
16. Throttle Position (TP) Sensors
17. MAP and MAF Sensors
18. Electronic Throttle Control Systems
19. Oxygen Sensors
20. Fuel Trim Diagnosis
21. Fuel Pumps, Lines, and Filters
22. Fuel Injection Systems
23. Gasoline Direct Injection Systems
24. Fuel Injection System Diagnosis
25. Electronic Transmission Controls
26. Vehicle Emission Standards and Testing
27. Emission Control System Devices, Operation, and Diagnosis
28. Module Reprogramming
29. Symptom-Based Diagnosis
1. Sample L1 Test
2. ASE correlation chart
Published by Pearson (March 25th 2019) - Copyright © 2020