Published by Pearson (March 1st 2018) - Copyright © 2019
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
A collection of materials so you have everything you need for your course.
NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value; this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. For Books a la Carte editions that include MyLab™ or Mastering™, several versions may exist for each title – including customized versions for individual schools – and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a Course ID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use MyLab or Mastering platforms.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in College Developmental Writing.
This package includes MyLab Writing.
Effective writers are effective learners
Clear, effective writing is an increasingly important skill in today’s world. With its intensive coverage of the writing process, Along These Lines: Writing Sentences and Paragraphs, 7th Edition, helps developing writers acquire and improve their skills to become more effective writers – and more effective learners. Biays and Wershoven guide readers, step by step, through the writing process with in¿-depth instruction on grammar, paragraph construction, and short essays.
Each chapter offers numerous individual and collaborative exercises, along with contextualized practical writing applications – such as workplace writing, personal writing, and classroom¿-centered academic material. This book also includes a chapter on “Writing from Reading” that demonstrates how writing and reading are interconnected processes. Encouraging critical thinking and personal engagement, the authors provide invaluable resources, interactive exercises, and continual reinforcement to give writers a solid foundation for future success.
Reach every student by pairing the loose-leaf version of this text with MyLab Writing
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. When students enter your developmental writing course with varying skill levels, MyLab can help you identify which students need extra support and provide them targeted practice and instruction outside of class.
0134984439/ 9780134984438 Along These Lines: Writing Sentences and Paragraphs, Books a la Carte Plus MyLab Writing with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 7/e
Package consists of:
- 0134808460 / 9780134808468 MyLab Writing with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Along These Lines: Writing Sentences and Paragraphs, 7/e
- 0134782461 / 9780134782461 Along These Lines: Writing Sentences and Paragraphs, Books a la Carte edition, 7/e
Table of contents
PART 1 – SENTENCE-LEVEL SKILLS: GRAMMAR FOR WRITERS
1. The Simple Sentence
2. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Coordination
3. Avoiding Run-on Sentences and Comma Splices
4. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Subordination
5. Combining Sentences: A Review of Your Options
6. Avoiding Sentence Fragments
7. Using Parallelism in Sentences
8. Using Adjectives and Adverbs
9. Correcting Problems with Modifiers
10. Verbs: The Present Tense
11. Verbs: The Past Tense
12. Verbs: Consistency and Voice
13. Making Subjects and Verbs Agree
14. Using Pronouns Correctly: Agreement and Reference
15. Using Pronouns Correctly: Consistency and Case
18. Words That Sound Alike/Look Alike
19. Using Prepositions Correctly
PART 2 – WRITING IN STAGES: THE PROCESS APPROACH
20. Writing a Paragraph: Prewriting
21. Writing a Paragraph: Planning
22. Writing a Paragraph: Drafting and Revising
23. Writing a Paragraph: Editing and Proofreading
24. Writing a Narrative Paragraph
25. Writing a Descriptive Paragraph
26. Writing an Illustration Paragraph
27. Writing a Process Paragraph
28. Moving from Paragraphs to Essays
29. Writing from Reading
Appendix. Readings for Writers
Appendix. Basics of College Research
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material