You'll get a bound printed text.
Now in its Fifth Edition, America and Its Peoples presents American history filled with the drama and conflict that holds the attention of all students.
Social history–with an emphasis on sports, leisure, and popular culture–is effectively integrated with more traditional coverage of military history, politics, and diplomacy. This edition highlights the rich ethnic diversity of the American people with vivid character sketches, colorful anecdotes, primary sources, new pedagogy, and a spirited narrative.
Table of contents
17. Emergence as an Economic Power.
18. The Rise of an Urban Society and City People.
19. End-of-the-Century Crisis.
20. Imperial America, 1870-1900.
21. The Progressive Struggle, 1900-1917.
22. The United States and World War I.
23. Modern Times, 1920-1929.
24. The Age of Roosevelt.
25. The End of Isolation: America Faces the World, 1920-1945.
26. Waging Peace and War.
27. Ike's America.
28. Vietnam and the Crisis of Authority.
29. The Struggle for a Just Society.
30. Power Shifts: The Emergence of the South and West.
31. Crises and Resurgence.
32. America in Our Time.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material