American Government: Roots and Reform,�2018 Elections and Updates Edition + California Government and Politics Today, 13th edition
An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
Understand American politics from past to present
Revel™ American Government: Roots and Reform helps students view the issues facing the United States today through a historical lens. By presenting coverage of the origins of American government in tandem with material on contemporary political structures and behaviors, authors Karen O’Connor and Larry Sabato help students see how what happened in the past can be used to understand what measures should be taken in the future. The 2018 Elections and Updates Edition offers new narrative coverage of the major issues from today’s headlines including the 2018 midterm elections, recent policy under the Trump administration, and the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
Table of contents
1. American Government: Roots, Context, and Culture
2. The Constitution
3. The Federal System
4. Civil Liberties
5. Civil Rights
PART II: INSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT
7. The Presidency
8. The Executive Branch and the Federal Bureaucracy
9. The Judiciary
PART III: POLITICAL BEHAVIOR
10. Public Opinion and Political Socialization
11. Political Parties
12. Campaigns, Elections and Voting
13. The News Media
14. Interest Groups
15. Domestic and Economic Policy
16. Foreign and Defense Policy
1. California Politics in Perspective
2. The Californians: Land, People, and Political Culture
3. California’s Historical Development
4. Freedom and Equality: California’s Delicate Balance
5. Media Influences, Social Media, and Interest Groups
6. Political Parties and Other Voluntary Organizations
7. Campaigns and Elections: Too Many?
8. The California Legislature
9. California’s Plural Executive: Governor Plus Seven
10. Paying the Bills: California’s Budget Struggles
11. California Courts and Judges
12. Criminal Justice and Civil Law
13. City Governments: Providing the Basics
14. Counties, Special Districts, and K–Graduate Public Education
15. Challenges for California’s Future
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material