You'll get a bound printed text.
This comprehensive introduction to the nature and variety of religious phenomena, belief, and practice (1) explores the issues in religious studies, (2) examines the universal forms of religious experience, (3) offers a cross-cultural study of a broad range of classic types of religious belief and practice in terms of the seven basic concepts of a religious world view, and (4) surveys the challenges faced by religions today.
Table of contents
Anatomy of the Sacred: An Introduction to Religion, 6th Edition
PART I) THE STUDY OF RELIGION:
1) What is Religion?
2) Ways of Studying Religion
PART II) UNIVERSAL FORMS OF RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE AND EXPRESSION
3) The Sacred and the Holy
4) Sacred Symbol, Myth, and Doctrine
5) Sacred Ritual
6) Sacred Scripture
7) Society and the Sacred: The Social Formations and Transformations of Religion
PART III) UNIVERSAL COMPONENTS OF A RELIGIOUS WORLDVIEW
8) Deity: Concepts of the Divine and Ultimate Reality
9) Cosmogony: Origins of the Natural and Social Order
10) Views of the Human Problem
11) Theodicy: Encountering Evil
12) Ethics: Patterns of Moral Action
13) Soteriology: Ways and Goals of Salvation and Liberation
PART IV) THE SACRED AND THE SECULAR IN MODERNITY
14) Secularization - New Religious Revitalization Movements - COntemporary Religious Fundamentalism
15) Contemporary Challenges to Traditional Religion: The Status and the Roles of Women - Relations Between Religion and the State
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material