Anatomy, Physiology, & Disease: An Interactive Journey for Health Professionals, 3rd edition
Published by Pearson (January 4th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
What’s included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
Study anytime, anywhere
Add notes and highlights
Search by keyword or page number
Renew your access
Anatomy, Physiology, & Disease provides an engaging introduction to interrelationships in A&P and pathology, with emphasis on clinical applications.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
1. Anatomy, Physiology, and Disease: Learning the Language
2. The Human Body: Reading the Map
3. Biochemistry: The Basic Ingredients of Life
4. The Cells: The Raw Materials and Building Blocks
5. Tissues and Systems: The Inside Story
6. The Skeletal System: The Framework
7. The Muscular System: Movement for the Journey
8. The Integumentary System: The Protective Covering
9. The Nervous System: The Body’s Control Center
10. The Endocrine System: The Body’s Other Control Center
11. The Senses: The Sights and Sounds
12. The Cardiovascular System: Transport and Supply
13. The Respiratory System: It’s a Gas
14. The Lymphatic and Immune Systems: Your Defense Systems
15. The Gastrointestinal System: Fuel for the Trip
16. The Urinary System: Filtration and Fluid Balance
17. The Reproductive System: Replacement and Repair
18. Basic Diagnostic Tests: What Do the Tests Tell Us?
19. The Journey’s End: Now What?
The Study Success Companion: The Key to Your Successful Journey
A. Medical Terminology, Word Parts, and Singular and Plural Endings
B. Clinical Abbreviations and “Do Not Use” List
C. Infectious Diseases and Their Pathogens
D. Laboratory Reference Values
E. Multisystem Effects of Various Diseases and Conditions
F. Vitamins and Minerals: Sources, Function, and Effects of Deficiency and Toxicity
G. Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material