Digital book that you can read instantly
Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (Subscription)
MyLab2 from $69.99
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
MyLab Health Professions without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions
- Instant Access
Free delivery$113.32 $90.66
Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions PLUS MyLab Health Professions with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free delivery$79.99 $63.99
Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professions.
This package includes MyHealthProfessionsLab™
Understanding The Human Form
Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals: An Interactive Journey is a hands-on study companion that guides nursing and allied health students through the systems of the human body. The volume employs a conversational tone and light humor to stimulate learning, rather than a mass memorization of facts. The enhanced Third Edition is a visually appealing guide to the human body attractive to today’s students of all learning styles.
The Study Success Companion, found in the back of the volume, is a support cushion of study skills and stress management tips to guide students through this interactive learning process. Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals provides gripping insight into the fascinating systems of the human body, enforcing the long-term retention students need to thrive as health professionals.
Personalize Learning with MyHealthProfessionsLab
MyHealthProfessionsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
ISBN-10: 0134162285/ISBN-13: 9780134162287 Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions PLUS MyHealthProfessionsLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3/e
- ISBN-10: 0133851117/ISBN-13: 9780133851113 Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions
- ISBN-10: 0133857646 /ISBN-13: 9780133857641 MyHealthProfessionsLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions
Table of contents
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- The Human Body: Reading the Map
- Biochemistry: The Basic Ingredients of Life
- The Cells: The Raw Materials and Building Blocks
- Tissues and Systems: The Inside Story
- The Skeletal System: The Framework
- The Muscular System: Movement for the Journey
- The Integumentary System: The Protective Covering
- The Nervous System (Part I): The Information Super Highway
- The Nervous System (Part II): The Traffic Control Center
- The Senses: The Sights and Sounds
- The Endocrine System: The Body’s Other Control System
- The Cardiovascular System: Transport and Supply
- The Respiratory System: It’s a Gas
- The Lymphatic and Immune Systems: Your Defense
- The Gastrointestinal System: Fuel for the Trip
- The Urinary System: Filtration and Fluid Balance
- The Reproductive System: Replacement and Repair
- The Journey’s End: Now What?
Appendix A Answers to Test Your Knowledge
Appendix B Medical Terminology, Word Parts, and Singular and Plural Endings
Appendix C Clinical Abbreviations
Appendix D Laboratory Reference Values
Appendix E: Minerals and Vitamins: Sources, Functions, and Effects of Deficiency and Toxicity
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (June 23rd 2015) - Copyright © 2016