Applied Subsurface Geological Mapping with Structural Methods, 2nd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Applied Subsurface Geological Mapping, With Structural Methods, 2nd Edition is the practical, up-to-the-minute guide to the use of subsurface interpretation, mapping, and structural techniques in the search for oil and gas resources. Two of the industry's leading consultants present systematic coverage of the field's key principles and newest advances, offering guidance that is valuable for both exploration and development activities, as well as for "detailed" projects in maturely developed areas.
Fully updated and expanded, this edition combines extensive information from the published literature with significant material never before published. The authors introduce superior techniques for every major petroleum-related tectonic setting in the world.
- A systematic, ten-step philosophy for subsurface interpretation and mapping
- The latest computer-based contouring concepts and applications
- Advanced manual and computer-based log correlation
- Integration of geophysical data into subsurface interpretations and mapping
- Cross-section construction: structural, stratigraphic, and problem-solving
- Interpretation and generation of valid fault, structure, and isochore maps
- New coverage of 3D seismic interpretation, from project setup through documentation
- Compressional and extensional structures: balancing and interpretation
- In-depth new coverage of strike-slip faulting and related structures
- Growth and correlation consistency techniques: expansion indices, Multiple Bischke Plot Analysis, vertical separation versus depth, and more
- Numerous field examples from around the world
Whatever your role in the adventure of finding and developing oil or gas resources–as a geologist, geophysicist, engineer, technologist, manager or investor–the tools presented in this book can make you significantly more effective in your daily technical or decision-oriented activities.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Subsurface Mapping.
2. Contouring and Contouring Techniques.
3. Directionally Drilled Wells and Directional Surveys.
4. Log Correlation Techniques.
5. Integration of Geophysical Data in Subsurface Mapping.
6. Cross Sections.
7. Fault Maps.
8. Structure Maps.
9. Interpretation of Three-Dimensional Seismic Data.
10. Compressional Structures: Balancing and Interpretation.
11. Extensional Structures: Balancing and Interpretation.
Introduction. Origin of Hanging Wall (Rollover) Anticlines. A Graphical Dip Domain Technique for Projecting Large Growth Faults to Depth. Origin of Synthetic and Antithetic Faults, Keystone Structures, and Downward Dying Growth Faults. Three-Dimensional Effects and Cross Structures. Strike-Ramp Pitfall. Compaction Effects Along Growth Normal Faults.
12. Strike-Slip Faults and Associated Structures.
13. Growth Structures.
14. Isochore and Isopach Maps.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (August 16th 2002) - Copyright © 2003