Arts and Culture: An Introduction to the Humanities, Volume I, 4th edition
Published by Pearson (December 30th 2010) - Copyright © 2012
Arts and Culture: An Introduction to the Humanities, Volume I
ISBN-13: 9780205816606Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Arts and Culture: An Introduction to the Humanities, Volume I, Books a la Carte Edition
ISBN-13: 9780205034697Includes: Loose-Leaf
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
For one semester/quarter courses on Introduction to the Humanities or Cultural Studies.
Now in full color, Arts and Culture provides an introduction to global civilizations and their artistic achievements, history, and cultures. The authors consider two important questions: What makes a work a masterpiece of its type? And what qualities of a work enable it to be appreciated over time? Critical thinking is also highlighted throughout the text with 4 different box features that ask students to explore connections across the humanities and different cultures. These boxes are entitled Connections, Cross Currents, Then & Now, and Cultural Impact boxes. Open the new fourth edition of Arts and Culture and open a world of discovery.
Table of contents
1. Prehistoric, Mesopotamian, and Egyptian Civilizations
2. Aegean Culture and Early Greece
3. Classical and Hellenistic Greece
4. Roman Civilization
5. Judaism, Early Christianity, and Byzantine Civilization
6. Islamic Civilization
7. Indian Civilization
8. Early Chinese Civilization
9. Early Japanese Civilization
10. Early Civilizations of the Americas and Africa
11. Early Middle Ages and the Romanesque
12. Gothic and Late Middle Ages
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material