Published byPearson (February 15th 2011) - Copyright © 2012
You'll get a bound printed text.
For one semester/quarter courses on Introduction to the Humanities or Cultural Studies.
Now in full color, Arts and Culture provides an introduction to global civilizations and their artistic achievements, history, and cultures. The authors consider two important questions: What makes a work a masterpiece of its type? And what qualities of a work enable it to be appreciated over time? Critical thinking is also highlighted throughout the text with 4 different box features that ask students to explore connections across the humanities and different cultures. These boxes are entitled Connections, Cross Currents, Then & Now, and Cultural Impact boxes. Open the new fourth edition of Arts and Culture and open a world of discovery.
Table of contents
13. Renaissance and Mannerism in Italy
14. Renaissance in Northern Europe
15. Baroque Age
16. Eighteenth Century
17. Romanticism and Realism
18. Impressionism and Post-Impressionism
19. Later Chinese Civilization
20. Later Japanese Civilization
21. Later Africa and Latin America
22. Early Twentieth Century
23. Mid-Twentieth Century and Later
24. Diversity in Contemporary Life
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material