Assessment in Special Education, Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (April 28th 2014) - Copyright © 2015
A collection of materials so you have everything you need for your course.
Assessment in Special Education focuses on current assessment issues and procedures that every special education teacher needs to know. Within an RTI delivery model, an integrated approach is taken emphasizing both in-class assessment procedures in addition to more formal, standardized measures and instruments. Throughout, the authors reflect the practical applications of actual classroom use. Designed as a comprehensive assessment text for undergraduate special education majors, the book’s key strengths that make it an ideal teaching and learning experience include:
- To enhance affordability and portability this exciting new assessment text is available as a Pearson eText. With the eText, students can easily take and share notes, highlight, and search for key concepts.
- Practical, useful material can be applied directly to the classroom setting and embedded within any instructional delivery method.
- Relevant case studies connect and highlight the material or issues addressed in each chapter.
- Current assessment topics (e.g., RTI, AimsWeb, technology, grading, evidence-based intervention) are examined in each of the 15 chapters.
- A user-friendly instructional resource manual is provided with the textbook including an extensive test item listing for each chapter along with potential classroom activities.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Special Education History and Legislation: Impact on Current Classroom Assessment Practices
Chapter 2 Assessment in Today's Classroom: Purpose, Function, and Ethical Practice
Chapter 3 Connecting Assessment to Instruction: Essential Components to the Process
Chapter 4 Response to Intervention and Progress Monitoring
Chapter 5 Child as Assessment Focus
Chapter 6 Accountability in the Classroom: Using Assessment Results to Confirm and Enhance Student Learning
Chapter 7 Intelligence and Adaptive Behavior Measurement: Using Test Results to Enhance Learning Outcomes
Chapter 8 Assessment of Student Behavior
Chapter 9 Assessment of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics
Chapter 10 Assessment Measures Used in Collecting and Interpreting Student Learning Evidence
Chapter 11 Student Evidence for Special Education Qualification and High-Quality Services
Chapter 12 Multidisciplinary Team and the Role of Parents
Chapter 13 Assessment Accommodations and Grading Students in the Classroom
Chapter 14 IEP Development and Implementation
Chapter 15 Technology and Assessment of Student Learning
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material