NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab or Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Counseling.
A classic textbook for aspiring counselors, now updated and expanded to improve its usefulness and relevance for practicing counselors.
Since its first publication in 1988, Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals has become a classic among assessment textbooks designed specifically for aspiring counselors. Now in its 9th Edition, the text includes extensive changes to content and updating throughout, while maintaining its popular, easy-to-read format and continuing emphasis on assessment information that is most useful and relevant for school counselors, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, and other helping professionals. Throughout the text, readers get invaluable information and examples about widely used assessment instruments in order to become familiar with these well-known tests.
Personalize learning with MyLab Counseling
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Counseling organizes all assignments around essential learning outcomes and the CACREP standards – enabling easy course alignment and reporting.
013518603X / 9780135186039 Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals Plus MyLab Counseling with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135186021 / 9780135186022 Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals
- 0135187559 / 9780135187555 MyLab Counseling with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals
Table of contents
PART ONE: The Principles of Assessment1. Introduction to Assessment
2. Ethical and Legal Issues in Assessment
3. Assessment Issues with Diverse Populations
4. Methods and Sources of Assessment Information
PART TWO: Foundations of Assessment
5. Statistical Concepts
6. Understanding Assessment Scores
9. Selecting, Administering, Scoring, and Interpreting Assessment Results
PART THREE: Types of Assessment
10. Assessment of Intelligence and General Ability
11. Assessment of Achievement
12. Assessment of Aptitude
13. Career and Employment Assessment
14. Personality Assessment
15. Clinical Assessment
16. Assessment in Education
17. Communicating Assessment Results
Appendix I: Standards for Multicultural Assessment Fourth Revision, 2012
Appendix II: Responsibilities of Users of Standardized Tests (RUST; 3rd Ed.)
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material