Automotive Brake Systems, 7th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Automotive Brake Systems (Subscription)
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$179.99 Now$143.99
Automotive Brake Systems
This book is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series, which provides full-color, media-integrated solutions for today’s students and instructors covering all eight areas of ASE certification, plus additional titles covering common courses. Peer reviewed for technical accuracy, the series and the books in it represent the future of automotive textbooks.
Prepare tomorrow’s automotive professionals for success.
Automotive Brake Systems, 7/e covers every electrical and electronic brake component found on vehicles today, as well as the practical skills that students must master to be successful in the industry. Written by a service technician and an automotive instructor—not a technical writer—and fully up to date with the latest electrical and electronic brake systems devices and systems used since 2005, the text is revered as the best available text on the subject. Formatted to appeal to today's technical trade students, Halderman’s text uses helpful tips and visuals to bring concepts to life and guide students through the procedures they'll use on the job.
To keep your course current, all of the content is correlated to the latest NATEF tasks and ASE areas for Automotive Brake Systems (A5), and new or updated information is included on such topics as brake friction materials, qualifying a brake lathe, the GM regular production code (RPO), ceramic brake pads and environmental concerns of copper in brake friction material, the BCM control of the red brake warning light, and brake line corrosion reduction coating.
Table of contents
1. Service Information, Tools and Safety
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials
3. Braking System Components and Performance Standards
4. Braking Principles and Friction Materials
5. Brake Hydraulic Systems
6. Hydraulic Valves and Switches
7. Brake Fluid and Lines
8. Brake Bleeding Methods and Procedures
9. Wheel Bearings and Service
10. Drum Brakes
11. Drum Brake Diagnosis and Service
12. Disc Brakes
13. Disc Brake Diagnosis and Service
14. Parking Brake Operation, Diagnosis, and Service
15. Machining Brake Drums and Rotors
16. Power Brake Unit Operation, Diagnosis, and Service
17. ABS Components and Operation
18. ABS Diagnosis and Service
19. Electronic Stability Control Systems
20. Regenerative Braking Systems
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2016) - Copyright © 2017