Automotive Steering, Suspension & Alignment, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (January 8th 2016) - Copyright © 2017
You'll get a bound printed text.
Prepare tomorrow’s automotive professionals for success.
Automotive Steering, Suspension and Alignment, 7/ecovers all of the fundamental and advanced issues and topics in automotive steering, suspension and alignment, as well as the practical skills that students must master to be successful in the industry. Written by a service technician and an automotive instructor—not a technical writer—and fully in line with the trend toward using more electrical and electronic components on vehicles that control the operation of the engine, the text is revered as the best available text on the subject. Formatted to appeal to today's technical trade students, Halderman’s text uses helpful tips and visuals to bring concepts to life and guide students through the procedures they'll use on the job.
To keep your course current, all of the content is correlated to the latest NATEF MLR, AST and MAST designated topics of Automotive Steering, Suspensions and Alignment (A4), and new or updated information is included on tire selection, chrome clad wheels, using a pin plate to balance wheels, snap-in and clamp-on TPMS sensors, updated relearn procedures, various wheel weight material, wheel flange, and a Hi Per strut.
This book is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series, which features full-color, media-integrated solutions for today’s students and instructors covering all eight areas of ASE certification, plus additional titles covering common courses. Peer reviewed for technical accuracy, the series and the books in it represent the future of automotive textbooks.
Table of contents
1. Service Information, Tools and Safety
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials
3. Tires and Wheels
4. Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
5. Tire and Wheel Service
6. Suspension System Components and Operation
7. Front Suspension and Service
8. Rear Suspension and Service
9. Electronic Suspension Systems
10. Electronic Stability Control Systems
11. Steering Columns and Gears
12. Steering Linkage and Service
13. Hydraulic Power Steering Systems
14. Electric Power Steering Systems
15. Wheel Bearings and Service
16. Drive Axle Shafts and CV Joints
17. Drive Axle Shaft and CV Joint Service
18. Wheel Alignment Principles
19. Alignment Diagnosis and Service
20. Vibration and Noise Diagnosis and Correction
Appendix 1. Sample Suspension and Steering (A4) ASE-type Certification Test
Appendix 2. 2013 NATEF Correlation Chart (A4)
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material