Becoming Influential: A Guide for Nurses, 2nd edition
Published by Pearson (January 19th 2012) - Copyright © 2013
- Instant Access
This product is not available in your country
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Table of contents
PART I. UNDERSTANDING INFLUENCE1. What Is Influence and Why Do I Need It?
2. Rules of the Game
3. Understanding and Using Your Power
4. The Power of Image
5. Communicating Effectively
6. Why Politics?
PART II. USING INFLUENCE
7. Setting Goals and Making Things Happen
8. Making Connections and Building Coalitions
9. Negotiating for What You Want
10. Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
PART III. PUTTING INFLUENCE TO WORK FOR YOU
11. Enhancing Your Influence
12. Telling Nursing’s Story
13. Managing Your Career
14. Balancing Your Life
PART IV. THE FINAL STEPS
15. Preparing Your Successors
16. Leaving Your Legacy
APPENDIX. Ten Little Known Secrets for Success
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material