Beverage Manager's Guide to Wines, Beers, and Spirits, The, 4th edition
Published by Pearson (May 18th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Beverage Manager's Guide to Wines, Beers, and Spirits (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134603414Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Beverage Manager's Guide to Wines, Beers, and Spirits, The
ISBN-13: 9780134655307Includes: Hardcover
You'll get a bound printed text.
The fundamental aspects of managing beverages in the exciting hospitality industry.
The Beverage Manager’s Guide to Wines, Beers, and Spirits, 4/e, takes readers on an intriguing journey through the vast world of alcoholic beverages. It is an authoritative guide that will inspire those individuals pursuing or enhancing a career in the food and beverage industry. Written in a lively, engaging, intellectually appealing style complimented by stimulating photography, this comprehensive yet concise book explores the essential management and service aspects of wines, beers, and spirits and provides the knowledge necessary for building and sustaining a profitable beverage program.
The Fourth Edition includes a new opening chapter on beverage trends, expanded coverage of grape varietals, 22 new classic cocktail recipes, a new chapter on sake and cider, a new chapter on coffee and tea, greater emphasis on beverage and food pairing, and full-color text that depicts the beverages as artistic, unique, and essential to the food service organization.
Table of contents
1. The Origins and Beverage Trends
2. Introduction to Wine and Service
3. Viticulture: Outside in the Vineyard
4. Enology: Inside the Winery
5. The Wine Styling Approach: White Wines
6. The Wine Styling Approach: Red Wines
7 Other Wines: Sparkling, Fortified, and Dessert Wines
8. The Brewery: Beer Production and Service
9. Beer Styles: Ales and Lagers of the World
10. Sake, Cider, and Mead
11. The Distillery: Spirits and Liqueurs of the World
12. Mixology: The Art and Science of the Cocktails
13 Coffee and Tea
14. Constructing the Beverage Concept
15. Managing for Profit
16. Marketing the Beverage Establishment
Appendix A: The Science of Fermentation
Appendix B: Alcohol Safety and Liability
Appendix C: Sensory Analysis
Appendix D: Drink and Food Pairing
Appendix E: Lexicon of Beverage Terms
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material