Real-world applications connect statistical concepts to everyday life.
Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences uses a variety of real-world applications to bring statistical theories and methods to life. Through these examples and a friendly writing style, the 2nd Edition ensures that you understand concepts and develop skills in critical thinking, technology, and communication. The result of collaboration between a biological sciences expert and the author of the #1 statistics book in the country, Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences provides an excellent introduction to statistics for readers interested in the biological, life, medical, and health sciences.
Also available with MyLab Statistics
MyLab™ Statistics is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for:
0134768345 / 9780134768342 Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences Plus MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText -- Title-Specific Access Card Package, 2/e
Package consists of:
- 0134039017 / 9780134039015 Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences
- 0134748875 / 9780134748870 MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Biostatistics for the Biological and Health Sciences
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Statistics
2. Exploring Data with Tables and Graphs
3. Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data
5. Discrete Probability Distributions
6. Normal Probability Distributions
7. Estimating Parameters and Determining Sample Sizes
8. Hypothesis Testing
9. Inferences from Two Samples
10. Correlation and Regression
11. Goodness-of-Fit and Contingency Tables
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Nonparametric Tests
14. Survival Analysis
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material