Brock Biology of Microorganisms, 15th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Mastering™ Microbiology exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Mastering Microbiology, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Mastering Microbiology may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in General Microbiology.
This package includes Mastering Microbiology.
A streamlined approach to master microbiology
Brock Biology of Microorganisms is the leading majors microbiology text on the market. It sets the standard for impeccable scholarship, accuracy, and strong coverage of ecology, evolution, and metabolism. The 15th edition seamlessly integrates the most current science, paying particular attention to molecular biology and the genomic revolution. It introduces a flexible, more streamlined organization with a consistent level of detail and comprehensive art program. Brock Biology of Microorganisms helps students quickly master concepts, both in and outside the classroom, through personalized learning, engaging activities to improve problem solving skills, and superior art and animations with Mastering™ Microbiology.
Personalize learning with Mastering Microbiology.
Mastering™ Microbiology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
0134268660 / 9780134268668 Brock Biology of Microorganisms Plus Mastering Microbiology with eText -- Access Card Package, 15/e
Package consists of:
- 0134261925 / 9780134261928 Brock Biology of Microorganisms
- 0134603974 / 9780134603971 Mastering Microbiology with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Brock Biology of Microorganisms, 15/e
Table of contents
UNIT I: THE FOUNDATIONS OF MICROBIOLOGY
1. The Microbial World
2. Microbial Cell Structure and Function
3. Microbial Metabolism
4. Molecular Information Flow and Protein Processing
UNIT II: MICROBIAL GROWTH AND REGULATION
5. Microbial Growth and Its Control
6. Microbial Regulatory Systems
7. Molecular Biology of Microbial Growth
8. Viruses and Their Replication
UNIT III: GENOMICS AND GENETICS
9. Microbial Systems Biology
10. Viral Genomics
11. Genetics of Bacteria and Archaea
12. Biotechnology and Synthetic Biology
UNIT IV: MICROBIAL EVOLUTION AND DIVERSITY
13. Microbial Evolution and Systematics
14. Metabolic Diversity of Microorganisms
15. Functional Diversity of Microorganisms
16. Diversity of Bacteria
17. Diversity of Archaea
18. Diversity of Microbial Eukarya
UNIT V: MICROBIAL ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY
19. Taking the Measure of Microbial Systems
20. Microbial Ecosystems
21. Nutrient Cycles in Nature
22. Microbiology of the Built Environment
23. Microbial Symbioses with Microbes, Plants, and Animals
UNIT VI: MICROBE-HUMAN INTERACTIONS AND THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
24. Microbial Symbioses with Humans
25. Microbial Infection and Pathogenesis
26. Innate Immunity: Broadly Specific Host Defenses
27. Adaptive Immunity: Highly Specific Host Defenses
28. Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
UNIT VII INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND THEIR TRANSMISSION
30. Person-to-Person Bacterial and Viral Diseases
31. Vectorborne and Soilborne Bacterial and Viral Diseases
32. Foodborne and Waterborne Bacterial and Viral Diseases
33. Eukaryotic Pathogens: Fungi, Protozoa, and Helminths
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2017) - Copyright © 2018