Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models, 12th edition
Published by Pearson (January 23rd 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Pearson eText Building Classroom Discipline: Methods and Models -- Instant Access
ISBN-13: 9780136941170Includes: eText (12-month access)
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to MyLab with eText. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models plus MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
A soft-bound printed text and a code to access MyLab with eText. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models
ISBN-13: 9780134448442Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Education.
Explore the most important classroom management approaches and applications
Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models takes a models approach to provide readers with a foundation to thoroughly understand the roots of today’s major classroom management concepts, terminology, approaches, and strategies. The text details and analyzes respected models of classroom management from leading authorities and then presents concrete ways that teachers can apply these methods and tactics to best meet their students’ needs. Step-by-step guidance, reflection and assessment activities, and real teaching perspectives further illustrate how educators can develop effective, well-rounded systems of management for any class.
The 12th Edition broadens the scope of the text, integrating new classroom management terminology, research, and an entire chapter on the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) schoolwide model of management.
Reach every student by pairing this text with MyLab Education
MyLab is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education helps teacher candidates bridge the gap between theory and practice–better preparing them for success in their future classrooms.
0134546431 / 9780134546438 Building Classroom Management plus MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134448448 / 9780134448442 Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models
- 0134448553 / 9780134448558 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models
Table of contents
1. The Teacher’s Role in Managing the Classroom
2. Taking Student Diversity into Account in Classroom Management
3. Classroom Management Concepts and Terms
4. The Development of Classroom Management
PART II: Classroom Management: Models and Methods
5. Insisting on Compliance: Ronald Morrish’s Real Discipline
6. Taking Charge in the Classroom: Craig Seganti
7. Getting Off to a Good Start: Harry and Rosemary Wong on Preventing Management Problems
8. Time Use in Classrooms: How Fred Jones Helps Students Stay Focused and On-Task
9. The Power of Positive Choice: William Glasser on Quality Learning
10. Fostering Responsible Behavior: Marvin Marshall on Motivation and Student Choice
11. Working on the Same Side With Students: Spencer Kagan’s Win-Win Discipline
12. School-Wide Positive Behavior Supports: A Data-Driven, Evidence-Based Approach to Whole-School Behavioral Management
13. Classroom Management for Students With Learning and Behavioral Challenges
14. Striving for Personal Excellence in Classroom Management
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material