A bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
You'll get a bound printed text.
For introductory courses in business.
This ISBN is for the bound textbook, which students can rent through their bookstore.
A concise and comprehensive introduction to business
Business in Action remains the premier, comprehensive textbook for important introductory business principles and concepts. Featuring a highly organized, objective-driven structure, the text incorporates relevant, contemporary examples and trends from the business world. Now 16 chapters (down from 20), the 9th Edition has been streamlined to better match the needs of the course. New material, visuals, and assessment questions cover the full spectrum of contemporary business topics without filler or fluff. So students can focus on what’s important — developing the skills today’s business leaders are looking for.
This title is also available digitally as a standalone Pearson eText, or via MyLab Intro to Business, which includes the Pearson eText. These options give students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Table of contents
PART 1: SETTING THE STAGE: THE BUSINESS OF BUSINESS
1. Developing a Business Mindset
2. Economics, Money, and Banking
3. The Global Marketplace
4. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
PART 2: BUILDING THE FRAMEWORK: BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
5. Forms of Ownership
6. Entrepreneurship and Small-Business Ownership
PART 3: GUIDING THE ENTERPRISE: LEADERSHIP, ORGANIZATION, AND OPERATIONS
7. Management Roles, Functions, and Skills
8. Organization and Teamwork
9. Production Systems
PART 4: SUPPORTING THE WORKFORCE: MOTIVATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES
10. Employee Motivation
11. Human Resources Management
PART 5: SATISFYING THE CUSTOMER: MARKETING, SALES, AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT
12. The Art and Science of Marketing
13. Product Management and Pricing Strategies
14. Customer Communication and Product Distribution
PART 6: MANAGING MONEY: ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL RESOURCES
15. Financial Information and Accounting Concepts
16. Financial Management and Financial Markets
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (March 26th 2019) - Copyright © 2020