Modeling enterprise systems: the example-driven reference for managers and IT professionals.
To build software systems that meet business objectives, IT and business professionals must work together closely to define specifications and build models that accurately describe their objectives. This book gives them a shared language for accomplishing this. Haim Kilov illuminates every key concept underlying today's best approaches to specifications and modeling, giving business professionals practical insight for decision-making, and giving IT specialists tools for assessing their work in its business context.
- Shows how to maximize clarity in decision-making and avoid getting lost in abstraction
- Offers proven methods for taming complexity, managing risk, and staying in control
- Helps organizations understand the relationships amongst their software and business processes, instead of relying on tacit knowledge
- Reviews every factor that impacts business models, systems and specifications
- Presents today's best modeling techniques in the context of platform-independent global standards
- Introduces key business patterns and reuse techniques
- Requires no UML experience, but shows how key modeling concepts can be used within UML
Whatever your project's goals or architecture, this book's modeling techniques will help you make more effective decisions from start to finishand dramatically improve your chances for success.
Table of contents
1. The Purpose of Modeling.
2. The Basics of Modeling.
3. Putting It All Together.
Appendix A: The UML Subset Used for Representation.
Appendix B: Generic Relationships.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material