Business processes are the production lines of the new economy. When they fail us, our products and services fail our customers, and our business fails its owners. The more businesses change, the more they must concern themselves with their stakeholder relationships and manage their processes so that technologies and organization designs have a common business purpose. This book shows you how to deliver integral processes and helps you build a fully process-managed enterprise.
The Process Management Framework provides the strategic guidance and tactical steps to make the switch. Encompassing eight phases, the Framework migrates organizational and process transformation through strategy, design, realization, and actual operations. For each phase, this book provides detailed descriptions of the steps, their inputs, outputs, guides, and enablers, as well as the tricks, traps, and best practices learned by experienced practitioners. It also covers the related disciplines of managing programs, risk, quality, projects, and human change, and how process management is the key to ensure a fit among all these areas. For those of you about to embark on a process journey, this book provides a compelling call to action, a guide for management, and an invaluable reference.
Learn the concepts and transform your business!
- See why process management is an inevitable trend that won't go away.
- Understand why relationship management needs effective processes to work.
- Define your stakeholders and determine their needs.
- Discover what other organizations have done to manage processes successfully.
- Explore a complete framework for managing business, process, and human change.
- Apply your knowledge to manage process projects effectively and efficiently.
- Learn what to do and what to avoid in every step.
- Develop processes to align technology, organization, and facility transformation.
- Gain cross-organizational acceptance of process and personal change.
- Anticipate objections and proactively manage stakeholder concerns.
Table of contents
I: A Management Guide.
II: A Practitioner's Guide.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Sams Publishing (May 17th 2001) - Copyright © 2001