By The People, Volume 1, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
In REVEL for By the People, author Jim Fraser tells resonant stories of the many different people who have shaped the United States as it is today — from everyday women and men to the most important leaders of their day. By leveraging both the relatable and remarkable people in U.S. history, REVEL for By The People empowers students to focus on historical analysis and interpretation rather than simply memorize information. The result? A class full of historical thinkers who see themselves in history, and who may be inspired to join the list of those who have helped build a better, more hopeful country.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL offers an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. Enlivening course content with media interactives and assessments, REVEL empowers educators to increase engagement with the course, and to better connect with students.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
1. The World Before 1492
2. First Encounters, First Conquests, 1492–1607
PART 2: SETTLEMENTS OLD AND NEW, 1607–1754
3. Settlements, Alliances, and Resistance, 1607–1718
4. Creating the Culture of British North America, 1689–1754
PART 3: A NEW BIRTH OF FREEDOM—CREATING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 1754–1800
5. The Making of a Revolution, 1754–1783
6. Creating a Nation, 1783–1788
7. Practicing Democracy, 1789–1800
PART 4: CRAFTING A NATION, PEOPLE, LAND, AND A NATIONAL IDENTITY, 1800–1848
8. Creating a New People, Expanding the Country, 1801–1823
9. New Industries, New Politics, 1815–1828
10. Democracy in the Age of Andrew Jackson, 1828–1844
11. Manifest Destiny: Expanding the Nation, 1830–1853
PART 5: EXPANSION, SEPARATION, AND A NEW UNION, 1844–1877
12. Living in a Nation of Changing Lands, Changing Faces, Changing Expectations, 1831–1854
13. The Politics of Separation, 1850–1861
14. And the War Came: The Civil War, 1861–1865
15. Reconstruction, 1865–1877
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (June 12th 2015) - Copyright © 2016