Canadian Practical Stylist with Readings, 4th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
PLEASE PROVIDE COURSE INFORMATION
The new edition of The Practical Stylist retains its traditional readable approach to teaching composition but contains extensive revisions to address the writing process more directly and to provide a fresh and up-to-date perspective. The approach remains non-theoretical with the emphasis on practical explanations and exercises. This Fourth Edition contains readings for those profs who wish to use these as a catalyst for writing. These readings are integrated at the end of each chapter in The Canadian Practical Stylist with Readings.
Table of contents
1. The Writing Process: An Overview.
2. The Point of It All.
3. Making a Beginning: From Subject to Thesis.
4. Your Paper's Basic Structure.
5. Paragraphs: Beginning, Middle, End.
6. Middle Tactics: Description and Narration; Expository Modes.
7. Straight and Crooked Thinking: Working with Evidence.
8. Writing Good Sentences.
9. Correcting Wordy Sentences.
11. Research - Canadian Reference Sources.
12. The Trouble with Grammar.
13. Punctuation, Spelling, Capitalization.
14. A Glossary of Usage.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson Canada (January 21st 1998) - Copyright © 1998