Canadian Public Speaking, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Appropriate for public speaking courses offered at both the university and college level.
Canadian Public Speaking is designed to help you master the skill of speaking in public in a way that is straightforward and easy. By embracing the hands-on, direct, practical approach used in this book, you will walk away with concrete methods and techniques which you can apply when presenting information to your professors, instructors, fellow students, prospective employees and general audiences.
Table of contents
1. Public Speaking.
2. Audience Analysis.
3. Preparing a Speech.
4. Structuring Different Types of Speeches.
5. Organizing a Speech.
6. Spoken Language and Stylistic Devices.
7. Visual Aids and Your Environment.
8. Vocal Mastery.
9. Clear Speech and Articulation.
10. Delivery Methods.
11. The Questions and Answer Period.
12. Special Occasion Speeches.
13. Practicing the Speech.
14. The Interview.
15. The Importance of Listening Skills.
16. Sample Speeches.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson Canada (July 15th 2003) - Copyright © 2004