The authoritative guide to deploying A-Interface-compliant CDMA systems
The experiences of Low and Schneider and their clear exposition should be of great benefit.
from the Foreword by Irwin Mark Jacobs, Chairman and CEO, QUALCOMM
The new CDMA A-Interface enables wireless service providers to build scalable, expandable wireless networks with the best equipment from multiple vendors, adding value and reducing risk. In CDMA Internetworking, two leaders of advanced CDMA projects bring clarity to the complex standards documents, showing technical professionals and managers exactly how to build and deploy A-Interface compliant systems. The first authoritative, in-depth A-Interface implementer's guide, this book fully reflects the CDMA Development Group's CDG-IOS detailed open interface standardsproviding comprehensive detail for building fully interoperable systems. Coverage includes:
- Call Processing and Mobility Management
- Supplementary Services and Short Message Services (SMS)
- Wireless Data Services
- Over-the-Air Service Provisioning (OTASP) and Authentication
- Radio Resource Management and Terrestrial Circuit Management
- Interoperability with SS7, IS-95 CDMA air interfaces, and IS-41 systems
- Practical troubleshooting guidance and detailed information on failure conditions
CDMA Internetworking contains dozens practical examples and illustrations, drawn from the authors' real-world experience with the CDMA Open A-Interface and CDG-IOS standards. With this book, wireless professionals can spend less time resolving technical ambiguitiesand more time building reliable, interoperable systems that get to market fast!
Table of contents
2. SS7 Basics.
3. Call Processing.
4. Mobility Management.
5. Supplementary Services.
7. Radio Resource Management.
8. Terrestrial Circuit Management.
9. A-Interface Integration.
10. A-Interface for 3G.
Appendix A: A-Interface Messages.
Appendix B: A3/A7-Interface Messages.
Appendix C: A-Interface Parameters.
Appendix D: A3/A7-Interface Parameters.
Appendix E: A-Interface Timers.
Appendix F: A3/A7 Timers.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material