Choosing Health, 3rd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering platforms, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for MyLab or Mastering platforms may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in personal health.
This package includes Mastering Health.
Helping readers understand that their actions and behavior matter
Choosing Health uses real-life applications, behavior change tools, and mobile technologies to speak to today's readers better than any other brief personal health textbook. The 3rd Edition offers guidance for actively improving individuals’ health while new interactive videos, quizzes, activities, and worksheets in Mastering™ Health coach readers through the toughest health topics. With its bold design and inclusion of real reader stories (both online and in the printed material), this text is the one that individuals can most relate to—and the one that will most inspire them to choose a healthy lifestyle.
Personalize learning with Mastering Health
Mastering™ Health is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
0134517954 / 9780134517957 Choosing Health Plus Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134493672 / 9780134493671 Choosing Health
- 0134517024 / 9780134517025 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Choosing Health
Table of contents
1. Health in the 21st Century
2. Psychological Health
3. Stress Management
4. Sleep, Your Body, and Your Mind
6. Physical Activity for Fitness and Health
7. Body Image, Body Weight
8. Addictions and Drug Use
9. Alcohol and Tobacco Use and Abuse
10. Social Relationships and Communication
11. Sexuality, Contraception, and Reproductive Choices
12. Preventing Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
13. Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer
14. Consumer Health
15. Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
Additional Electronic Chapters
16. Your Environment, Your Health
17. Aging Well
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2017) - Copyright © 2018