Choosing Health, 3rd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Helping readers understand that their actions and behavior matter
Choosing Health uses real-life applications, behavior change tools, and mobile technologies to speak to today's readers better than any other brief personal health textbook. The 3rd Edition offers guidance for actively improving individuals’ health while new interactive videos, quizzes, activities, and worksheets in Mastering™ Health coach readers through the toughest health topics. With its bold design and inclusion of real reader stories (both online and in the printed material), this text is the one that individuals can most relate to--and the one that will most inspire them to choose a healthy lifestyle.
Also available as a Pearson eText or packaged with Mastering Health
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience that can be adopted on its own as the main course material. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place, even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class – motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning.
Mastering Health is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone book; Pearson eText and Mastering Health do not come packaged with this content. Students, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If your instructor has assigned Pearson eText as your main course material, search for:
• 0135214211 / 9780135214213 Pearson eText Choosing Health, 3/e -- Access Card
• 0135214203 / 9780135214206 Pearson eText Choosing Health, 3/e -- Instant Access
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering Health, search for:
0134517954 / 9780134517957 Choosing Health Plus Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134493672 / 9780134493671 Choosing Health
- 0134517024 / 9780134517025 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Choosing Health
Table of contents
1. Health in the 21st Century
2. Psychological Health
3. Stress Management
4. Sleep, Your Body, and Your Mind
6. Physical Activity for Fitness and Health
7. Body Image, Body Weight
8. Addictions and Drug Use
9. Alcohol and Tobacco Use and Abuse
10. Social Relationships and Communication
11. Sexuality, Contraception, and Reproductive Choices
12. Preventing Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
13. Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer
14. Consumer Health
15. Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
Additional Electronic Chapters
16. Your Environment, Your Health
17. Aging Well
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2017) - Copyright © 2018