Civilizations Past and Present, Volume 1, 13th edition
Published by Pearson (November 25th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Civilizations Past and Present, Volume 1 (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134989372Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Civilizations Past and Present, Volume 1 [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
For courses in world history.
A narrative exploration of world history and cultures
RevelTM Civilizations Past and Present presents a survey of world history, treating the development and growth of civilization as a global phenomenon involving the interaction of all of the world’s cultures. The text includes all the elements of history – social, economic, political, military, religious, aesthetic, legal, and technological – to illustrate this global interaction. The 13th Edition has been substantially revised and made more concise while emphasizing world trends and carefully avoiding placing these trends within a Western conceptual basis.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
- Stone Age Societies and the Earliest Civilizations of the Near East
- Early Chinese Civilization
- Early Indian Civilizations
- The Greeks 2000—30 BCE
- Rome, 900 BCE to 476 CE
- The Eastern Mediterranean World, 300—950 CE
- The Islamic World, 950—1300 CE
- African Beginnings
- The Americas to 1500
- The Creation of Europe: 300—1500
- Culture, Power, and Trade in the Era of Asian Hegemony, 220—1350
- The Great Dynastic Empires of Eurasia, 1300—1650
- East Asian Cultural and Political Systems, 1300—1650
- New Ways of Thinking: 1300—1700: Renaissance, Reformations, and Scientific Revolution
- Global Encounters: Europe and the New World Economy, 1400—1650
- Europe: The Rise of the Nation States, 1500—1815
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material