Civilizations Past and Present, Volume 2, 13th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Civilizations Past and Present, Volume 2 (Subscription)
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Civilizations Past and Present, Volume 2 [RENTAL EDITION]
For courses in world history.
A narrative exploration of world history and cultures
Revel™ Civilizations Past and Present presents a survey of world history, treating the development and growth of civilization as a global phenomenon involving the interaction of all of the world’s cultures. The text includes all the elements of history — social, economic, political, military, religious, aesthetic, legal, and technological — to illustrate this global interaction. The 13th Edition has been substantially revised and made more concise while emphasizing world trends and carefully avoiding placing these trends within a Western conceptual basis.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
16. Europe: The Rise of the Nation States, 1500–1815
17. Africa in the World Economy, 1650–1850
18. Asian and Middle Eastern Empires and Nations, 1650–1815
19. The Americas, 1650–1825
20. The European Century, 1815–1914
21. Africa and the Near East During the Age of European Imperialism
22. Imperialism and Modernity in Asia and the Pacific, 1815–1914
23. The Americas, 1825–1914
24. World War I: The Origins and Consequences of a European Tragedy
25. The Failure of the Liberal Model and the Rise of Authoritarianism
26. World War II
27. Forging New Nations in Asia, 1910–1950
28. National Movements and the Drive for Independence in the Near East and Africa from the 1920s to 1950s
29. The West Since 1945: Cold War and Confused Peace
30. The Near East and Africa Since 1945
31. Latin America Since 1910
32. Asia and the South Pacific Since 1945
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2021